Social Media User Guidelines
Last Updated: December 17, 2018
Never disclose any financial information on any of the Popular Bank social media properties, whether public facing or via direct or private message. Popular Bank will never ask for your Social Security number, account information, passwords or PINs via Facebook®, Instagram®, Twitter®, LinkedIn®, YouTube®, or any other Popular Bank social media property. We are not responsible for the privacy and security policies or practices of the social media channels where we are present, and you should review the individual policies for each social media platform.
POPULAR BANK’S RELATIONSHIP WITH SOCIAL MEDIA SITES
Facebook®, Instagram®, Twitter®, LinkedIn®, YouTube® and all other social media properties we participate in, are all third-party sites unaffiliated with Popular Bank. Popular Bank is not responsible for the privacy or security policies or practices on any of the third-party websites that Popular Bank may link or post to. You should review the privacy and security practices of all such third-party websites. As a fan or follower of Popular Bank-managed social media properties, you consent to receive news, company information and other dissemination of information by Popular Bank that we think our fans, followers, and viewers will find useful. If at any time you wish to no longer receive information via Popular Bank social media properties, you may utilize the platform’s privacy settings to un-follow and un-friend. Popular Bank participation on social media properties is not an effort to socialize information, ideas, and pictures. If you send us ideas or pictures, we own them, and you will not receive compensation.
In the spirit of fostering a social media community, Popular Bank encourages you to share, discuss and discover information and ideas through our online communities. Our social media channels are all public, which means that anyone can see your posts and comments on these social media properties. Additionally, your posts and comments may even show up in search-engine results (like on Google, Bing or other). While we want to foster healthy discussion, we may occasionally remove posts and comments that don’t fit with our community banking philosophy and guidelines. When you visit, post, or comment on any of the Popular Bank social media properties, we respectfully ask that you follow the below guidelines:
- Protect your personal information: You should never share personal or account information on our communities. Do not use this site to communicate or ask questions specific to your personal account or loan information. For customer service questions or to speak to us about individual banking matters, please contact us.
- Always be kind: We want your voice to be heard and we believe that you can make a positive contribution to our communities. While differences of opinion are welcome, please use common courtesy and be respectful to others. Do not post anything that is obscene or otherwise objectionable, or that harasses, abuses, bullies or threatens others.
- Submit your own original content: If something you are posting or sharing belongs to someone else, please don’t post it unless you have the proper permission from the owner. This includes any material that is protected by copyright, trademark or other intellectual property rights.
- Stay on topic: Your comments should be relevant to the topic at hand. Don’t post commercial messages, marketing materials, or other types of "spam," including repeatedly posting the same comments multiple times.
- Third-party sites: Popular Bank is not responsible for and does not endorse third-party sites or content that may be linked to from our online communities. You should always review the privacy and security practices and policies of each third-party site you visit.
- Removal of posts: We usually do not remove comments—positive or negative, but we reserve the right to remove any comments or post that violates these guidelines or any other applicable Terms and Conditions, rules or laws. We may also remove and/or block users who repeatedly violate the rules or otherwise abuse the community. The following principles apply to professional use of social media on behalf of Popular Bank as well as personal use of social media when referencing Popular Bank.
We expect conversations to follow the rules of polite discourse and we ask that participants treat each other, as well as our employees, with respect. Popular Bank may delete comments or posts that we deem to be:
- Profane, obscene, inappropriate, disruptive and/or unrelated (i.e. commercial or marketing purposes)
- Indecent, sexually explicit or pornographic material of any kind (including masked profanity where symbols, initials, intentional misspellings or other characters are used to suggest profane language)
- Threats, personal attacks, abusive, defamatory, derogatory, or inflammatory language, or stalking or harassment of any individual, entity, or organization
- Discriminatory or that which contains hateful speech of any kind regarding age, gender, race, religion, nationality, sexual orientation, or disability
- False, inaccurate, libelous, or otherwise misleading in any way
- Spam, or containing or linking to any kind of virus, malware, spyware, or similar program that could cause harm to a user’s computer
For the benefit of robust discussion, we ask that comments remain on-topic. This means that comments should relate to the topic that is being discussed within that wall post. We may delete comments that we deem to be off-topic, including solicitations. In addition, we may also remove identical posts by the same user or multiple users (a group of people sending identical messages or one person submitting under different aliases). In the case of identical posts, we will leave the first submission and delete the duplicates.
Popular Bank is unable to service account-specific requests directly through social media properties. If you are a customer with a specific question about an account or loan, please log into your Online Banking by visiting PopularBank.com, send a contact request via the Contact Us page on PopularBank.com, call our Customer Care Center at 1.800.377.0800 (Monday – Friday 7:30AM-12AM/ET, Saturday and Sunday 9AM-6PM/EST), or visit your local Popular Bank location to speak with a Banker in person.
Because the Popular Bank social media properties are public pages and anyone can participate, we cannot be responsible for views expressed other than our own. Popular Bank will post photographs and/or videos taken at bank-sponsored and/or local events to the Popular Bank social media properties. Popular Bank will not tag, reference, or acknowledge individuals in the photos, but will allow other users to tag, reference or acknowledge themselves and others in the photographs. If another individual tags you in a photograph, you can un-tag yourself from the photograph(s) at any time. To request an image be removed from any of the Popular Bank Social Media platforms, email firstname.lastname@example.org specifying the photo you would like removed, the channel the photo resides on, your contact information, and the reason for removal. Popular Bank will review and consider your request to remove the photograph, but the submission of this request does not guarantee that the photograph will be removed.
Popular Bank’s social media properties are all moderated by Popular Bank designated employees. We’ll make every effort to respond in a timely manner; however, we can’t guarantee that we’ll reply to every comment. All comments and posts will be reviewed to ensure that they comply with our policies. We reserve the right to delete comments or posts that we deem abusive, inflammatory or otherwise inappropriate, as mentioned above.
Popular Bank reserves the right to ban any user from any of our social media properties without prior written notice or consent for violations of community policies. Any comment(s) posted which we deem to be criminal in nature, or instigates or implies violence towards oneself or another may be reported to the proper authorities.
The Popular Bank social media properties are not to be used to report phishing or criminal activity. Suspicious emails related to social media should be forwarded to email@example.com. If you would like to make a report, please call our Customer Contact Center at 1.800.377.0800 and a representative can assist you.
The Popular Bank social media properties are places for conversations between and among individuals and Popular Bank, and these platforms are not a substitute channel for services or general questions. Please visit PopularBank.com or a local Popular Bank location for more information on specific products and services.
LINKS TO THIRD PARTY SITES
PRIVACY AND SECURITY PRACTICES
UPDATES TO THESE GUIDELINES
This Social Media User Guidelines is subject to change. Please review it periodically. If we make changes to the Social Media User Guidelines, we will revise the “Last Updated” date at the top of these Guidelines. Any changes to these Guidelines will become effective when we post the revised Guidelines on the Site. Your use of the Site following these changes means that you accept the revised Guidelines.