- Our online services are not intended for children under 13. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13 without parental consent.
- If you have a financial product or service with us, we will use and share any information that we collect from or about you in accordance with our general Privacy Notice, which offers you certain choices with respect to the use and sharing of your personal information.
- If you have questions after reviewing this policy, please do not hesitate to contact our Online Banking Support Team at 1-800-377-0800.
Information We Collect
When you visit or use our online services, we may collect personally identifiable information from or about you such as your name, email address, mailing address, telephone number(s), account numbers, limited location information (for example, a zip code to help you find a nearby ATM), user name and password. We may also collect payment card information, social security numbers, driver's license numbers (or comparable) when you provide such information while using our online services and where we believe it is reasonably required for ordinary business purposes.
Usage and Other Information
For your convenience, Popular offers you the ability to access some of our products and services through mobile applications and mobile-optimized websites ("Popular Mobile"). When you interact with us through Popular Mobile, we may collect information such as unique device identifiers for your mobile device, your screen resolution and other device settings, information about your location, and analytical information about how you use your mobile device. We may ask your permission before collecting certain information (such as precise geo-location information) through Popular Mobile.
Additional Sources of Information
Use of Information
We use the information discussed above in a number of ways, such as:
- Processing applications and transactions;
- Verifying your identity and location(such as when you access your account information);
- Preventing fraud and enhancing the security of your account or our online services;
- Responding to your requests and communicating with you;
- Managing your preferences;
- Performing analytics concerning your use of our online services, including your responses to our emails and the pages and advertisements you view;
- Providing you tailored content and marketing messages;
- Operating, evaluating and improving our business (including developing new products and services; improving existing products and services; performing data analytics; and performing accounting, auditing and other internal functions);
- Complying with and enforcing applicable legal requirements, relevant industry standards, contractual obligations and our policies;
- Allowing you to participate in surveys, sweepstakes, contests and similar promotions; and;
- For any other purposes that we may specifically disclose at the time you provide or we collect your information.
We may also use data that we collect on an aggregate or anonymous basis (such that it does not identify any individual customers) for various business purposes, where permissible under applicable laws and regulations.
Disclosure of Information
We may share the information we collect from and about you with our affiliates and other third parties. For example, we may share your information with:
- Popular third-party service providers (currently this information is only shared with our core systems provider);
- Popular affiliated websites and businesses in an effort to bring you improved service across our family of products and services, when permissible under relevant laws and regulations;
- Other companies to bring you co-branded services, products or programs; and
We will limit sharing of your information in accordance with the choices you have provided us in response to our general Privacy Notice.
We may share anonymous or aggregated information with third parties to help deliver products, services, and content that are better tailored to the users of our online services and for other purposes.
Understanding Cookies, Web Beacons and Other Tracking Technologies
- "Cookies" are small amounts of data a website can send to a visitor's web browser. They are often stored on the device you are using to help track your areas of interest. Cookies may also enable us or our service providers and other companies we work with to relate your use of our online services over time to customize your experience. Most web browsers allow you to adjust your browser settings to decline or delete cookies, but doing so may degrade your experience with our online services.
- Clear GIFs, pixel tags or web beacons—which are typically one-pixel, transparent images located on a webpage or in an email or other message—or similar technologies may be used on our sites and in some of our digital communications (such as email or other marketing messages). They may also be used when you are served advertisements or you otherwise interact with advertisements outside of our online services. These are principally used to help recognize users, assess traffic patterns and measure site or campaign engagement.
Do Not Track Signals
A "Do Not Track Signal" is a header in the HTTP field that requests that a web application disable either its tracking or cross-site user tracking of an individual user. Popular will allow access and navigation through its general site regardless of the existence of a user generated Do Not Track Signal. The use of a Do Not Track Signal may affect your ability to access the Popular Online Banking section of this site unless additional verification procedures are performed.
Linking to Third-Party Websites
We use reasonable physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards that comply with federal standards to protect and limit access to personal information. This includes device safeguards and secured files and buildings. Visit our Online Security page for additional information about how we protect your Personal Information.
Please note that information you send to us electronically may not be secure when it is transmitted to us. We recommend that you do not use unsecure channels to communicate sensitive or confidential information (such as your Social Security number) to us.
Updating Your Information
Keeping your account information up-to-date is very important. You may review, or update certain account information by logging in and accessing the Popular Online Banking section of this website. If you cannot change the incorrect information online, or you prefer to request changes offline please contact our Customer Care Center at 1-800-377-0800.
Changes to this Online Privacy Practices